This was an emotion-filled weekend. But so much joy and laughter and praise filled every moment surrounding Marti and Wade's wedding. As I've gotten to reflect on her day editing her wedding over the last week, it is impossible to not smile at God for the ways he blesses us with gifts. He is the creator of all good things, and this DRY wedding day was a small glimpse of the ways he provides and shows his love. (I say dry...it was humid as all get out. As expected this side of the Mississippi. But no rain!) Every detailed moment of their day pointed towards Christ and reflected the hope and joy that his children have in him!
Below are my LGP top 10 moments from May 26th 2018:
1. Despite weather forecasts of a tropical storm and a 90% chance of rain, there was not a drop of rain at Rockhurst Farm on Marti and Wade's wedding day. A guest took a screenshot of the radar during the ceremony and there was a perfect red-ring of hurricane weather all around us, and a small circle of clear skies right over the venue. God is good.
2. Mrs. Molly Frederick is a saint of many talents. One being the queen of sliced fruit (which I took home for the rest of the week.) And if you were unable to witness her rehearsal dinner poem about Marti's life leading up to finding the man she would marry, you missed a sobbing-Leah. Martha, you're so loved by your family.
3. Wade and his momma danced to Justin Bieber's - U Smile and thanks to Wade's spectacular music preferences, I finally worked a wedding with the Brook and the Bluff!
4. Somehow I left this wedding with at least 10 new friends because Marti's dream-team of gals were so loving and welcoming... and also know how to start a party!
5. REX was invited but couldn't come cause of the possibility of thunder or mud. But this is just one reason Marti and Wade fit so perfectly into my life!
6. Martha HARRIS is exquisite. She designed and calligraphed every detail of her wedding, from invites and a wedding website, to menu cards and bridesmaid gifts, and every well-thought out color and flower and layout. She is the dream.
7. A grandfather who has been mourned and was very missed, was honored by having his handkerchief wrapped around the bouquet.
8. Marti's smile was not absent from any moment I captured. My gal was beaming! Especially after her first look because Wade was by her side the rest of the day! (plug)
9. Wade is the most supportive, loving, servant a girl could ever hope her best friend would get to marry. His face lights up every time he looks at Marti. He is imperfect, but faithful to lean and depend on a God who is more than able to guide him as he leads Marti. And he sure has the best support behind him. I've been echoing the joyful prayer of worship that Mr. Harris prayed over them at the rehearsal dinner. God was given so much righteous glory.
Habakkuk 2:14 "For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of God, as waters cover the seas."
10. Marti ROCKED the light up shoes I got her for her reception. Best gift she could every give me as her photographer. (And letting me be an honorary bridesmaid, complete with bridesmaid pajamas! Thanks, my sweet friend <3
Martha has been a steadfast support and friendship to me in my move across the country to Alabama. I'm sad to have the distance between us as she's settled into Louisville, but so confident that our friendship is strong enough to overpower any distance. Plus, as we've discussed, Rex and I will be making lots of trips to Louisville in the wedding-off-seasons. (So if you're in Louisville, hit me up if you're down to have a golden retriever bless your backyard for a weekend haha).
ENJOY THE JOY!
Bride: Marti Frederick Harris
Groom: Wade Harris
Venue: Rockhurst Farms
Photographer: Leah Grace Photography
Dress: Blush by Hailey Page; Village Bridal Homewood
Coordinator: BK Wedding + Events
Caterer: Classic Catering and Events
Cake: Classic Catering and Events
Popsicle LOVIN: Steel City Pops
Florist: Cindy Hughes
Band: Brook and the Bluff
Bridesmaid Dresses: Show Me Your Mumu
Grooms Tux: FHG Clothiers.com
Invitations: Marti Harris Design
Hair + Makeup: Irrelephant
Rentals: The Event Group
Antiques: Prophouse Birmingham